When designing a kitchen, you want the perfect combination of elegance and function. That’s why choosing the right floor tiles for your space is essential. Whether you’re installing a brand-new kitchen or renovating your existing one, here are our top tips to help you select the perfect porcelain tile:
If you’re at the beginning of the process, you might not know precisely what kind of floor tiles you want, so an excellent place to start is to look for inspiration.
You can do this by using sites like Pinterest for ideas or looking through interior design magazines and kitchen catalogues to see what works together.
Some room layouts and styles are better suited to certain tile designs than others. For example, A wood-look porcelain tile would look great in a country-style kitchen, whereas a more industrial-style space would suit a cement effect tile like the Bayford collection or elegant kitchen with a marble effect tile like the Hartford collection.
Choosing the perfect porcelain tiles for your kitchen floor is like choosing a paint colour for your living room. It’s not just about how it looks individually but also how it works with everything else in the space.
When it comes to porcelain floor tiles, you can choose from various finishes; some are more suitable for certain rooms than others, so it’s important to keep this in mind when selecting tiles for your kitchen floor.
Here are some of the options you’ll come across.
- Matt tiles: These have a smooth finish and are often used for bathrooms or kitchens. They’re easy to clean and don’t show dirt as much as other tiles.
- Polished tiles: These come in many different colours and patterns, so it’s easy to find one that complements your kitchen design perfectly. They’re also good for high-traffic areas because they tend not to scratch as easily as others.
- Textured tiles: If you want a tile that would work outside, than a textured finish is a must. This finish will stop you slipping on those typical rainy British days and blend perfectly with a matt finish of the same tile used in the kitchen or home.
There are so many options out there, so hopefully, these tips will help you figure out what works best for your kitchen.
- Try not to feel overwhelmed by the options. It can be easy to get caught up in all floor tile choices and lose sight of what you want.
- Take some time to think about what would complement your kitchen cupbards and worktops best – and whether this will stand the test of time.
- Think about durability and maintenance as well as appearance when making your choice. Durable materials like ceramic, concrete and stone are great choices because they’re less likely to crack or break over time.
Let us help!
We’d love to help you find the perfect floor tile for your kitchen. Take a look at our stunning, quality collections and order a sample from us. If you need any help or have any questions about choosing the right tiles for your home, our friendly team is on hand to help with anything.